Noblesse oblige. – Congdon Family Motto
Glensheen Mansion lies on the north shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota. It was built by mining magnate, Chester Congdon and his wife, Clara in 1906 and home to their 7 children. Their daughter Elizabeth Congdon, along with her nurse Velma Pietila, were viciously murdered in the now tourist attraction of east end Duluth.
In part 1 of a 3-parter, we talk about the history and wealth that is Glensheen and the Congdon family, of Elizabeth’s generosity and commitment to the Duluth community and her brutal demise.
- Glensheen Facebook
- Minnesota Historical Society
- Suzanne Congdon LeRoy’s book Nightingale
- A Will To Murder
- Secrets of the Congdon Mansion
- Glensheen’s Daugher: The Marjorie Congdon Story
- Zenith City Press
- Artful Living
- University of Minnesota Duluth
- YMaS Youtube Playlist